Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

NOTW-Mellow Yellow

Hola dolls,
Here's this weeks Nails of the Week!
Since spring is obviously scared to appear here in the Midwest I had to take matters into my own hands, literally..hehee.

Start with Clean Nails.


 Apply your Base coat of choice: For this look I used Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat.

BAM!

#360 Mellow Yellow....wasn't that a drink?????

Whoa!  yellow it is!  Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear.  ($) I have found this brand cheapest at Target.
I was totally in the mood for yellow and black.  If you need color inspiration think about your wardrobe.  I tend to color coordinate with colors I would wear.


So after I polished my nails I whipped out my Konad Stamper.  I practiced a little last night and went for it!
Supplies: 
Nail Dotting Tools-($) order here for $1.89 including shipping
Konad Starter Stamping Set-($) 15.19 and free shipping
My credit card or you can use an old gift card
Polish and top coat of your choice


Not bad for my first try!


My Feelings
POLISH

Brand:  Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear #360

Formula: Very Creamy, uber Thick.  Was almost as if it needed a thinner and this 
                was my first use.

Application: Streaky

Opaque-3 coats


Verdict:  I love this brand I am hoping it was this shade a color formula.  I would not purchase this color again

KONAD SYSTEM

Plates:  Simple image plates in the beginner set

"Special Polish"-performed as claimed

Lessons learned....file my stamper surface....and put polish on half of image...finally swipe that card like your ear was burned with the straightening comb...yup that fast :).  

Vertict:

Me likey!!!!! Will purchase more stamping plates and come up with non-Konad "Special Polish" alternatives :).

Have a great week Dolls.

Feel Free to post your nails of the week!







No comments:

Post a Comment