Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mally Beauty-Citychick in the Buff EyeShadow Palette

Hello My Beauties,
I have been sneaky! I had purchased a few pallets right before my PRK surgery.  Talking about eye candy...woah!  I bought the lovely Mally CityChick in the Buff Eyeshadow Palette and of course it came in the day before the eye surgery...torture!!!  My eyes have been...acting up...Evil Allergies!  My tear duct has been in protest....Ouch.  Today no eye itching what so ever....so guess what ?  Hello Palette!

Mally In the Buff 11pc Eyeshadow Palette w/ Eye Base and Brush

This is a great neutral palette but some of the shades are very "soft" and can be a little sheer.  So my sista's who are of a deeper skintone may not get use out of all the shades in this palette.  These powdery shadows have a very creamy feel and  blend well together.  Their are 3 matte shades, 6 shimmer and 1 glitter shade. This palette comes with its own eyeshadow base, a double ended brush and a nice size mirror. This would be great for travel too.  I have a business trip in a few weeks I might have to take this along! Most of the time I do not use the brushes that come with palettes but I gave this one a try.  I used the brush on my crease and for blending verdict on the brush soft, and quality.

Disclaimer I am just learning how to wear and apply makeup so I hope you enjoy the journey with me!  Here's my first look:



Take a look at the swatches:

Too funny!  I forgot this palette came with a its own eyeshadow primer  and I whipped out my Urban Decay Primer Potion instead.  Here's a closer look at the shadows.


I think this palette is awesome!!!!!! I plan on doing many more looks!


Let me introduce you to my fine lines! Ack!

Tool for this look:
A  million brushes!
 Really....all those brushes..hmmm




Oh snap!  I forgot a pic of my eyeliner.  I am still afraid to use eyeliner so close to the surgery so I used Makeup Geeks Corrupt as eyeliner...Once you go black you never go black...its the blackest black ever!!!!! LOL.  

See ya Beauties!
Anyone have this palette, you likey? Let me know!


P.S. Mally Beauty is having 25% off her entire site!!!! expires May 14, 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Nice look! I been keeping an eye on this palette for a while now...I'm wondering how it compares to the naked palette. It may be time for me to try Mally's line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kia! thanks for the encouragement!! I have the naked palette and I actually like this one better since the shades are not so glittery/shimmery. I will keep playing with it and layering it with some shadow sticks too! Next purchase..Lorac Pro!

      Delete