Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Latest Edition-NOTD

Hello lovelies,


Part 1
I had been dying to try newspaper nails.  Ok nothing but drama!  I polished my nails with Avon Urban Gray N902...it took too long to dry!  So after 2 hours with 3 coast for opacity.  No news print :(   WHAT????????  I only had sale papers....ack!! Lesson Learned revert back to hunter gatherer stage of life and get all supplies out before you get started! So I simply added some Seche Vite quick drying top coat and went to bed.

Part 2
Determined.....I picked up a newspaper this weekend to try this nail design again.  I also wanted to pick up a faster drying polish, Sally Hansen Wet Cement.  If you don't know gray is my favorite color so naturally my Wet Cement was super sticky..ick...and wouldn't you know it sold out at the store!  I MUST MAKE THIS WORK!!!!  I DID!

*Disclaimer-try and used a shade closer to Avon Urban Gray the lighter the better*


Prework-cut newspaper in strips based on length of nails.  My nails are long so I used about a 1 inch pieces



Lets Do It:
Apply BaseCoat-CND Sticky Base Coat
Apply Gray Nail polish preferably light and fast drying.  Be sure nails are dry!

Dip Nail in Alcohol for a few seconds
Wrap newspaper around nail for 10 seconds press firmly. The ink will transfer to your nail. Remove.
Apply Top Coat
Clean around nails and look at your fabulousness!

Nailed It!
See ya Dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment